Getting the itch to "upgrade" to the A7R II

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JuveFC New Member • Posts: 10
Getting the itch to "upgrade" to the A7R II

Ya i'm a little late to the party but i can get an awesome price on a used A7R II with low actuations. I miss having a FF camera as i came over from Nikon a little while ago and went straight to A6300 and now a A6500.

The size of the camera does not matter to me. I actually prefer a bigger camera. I worked as a wedding photographer up until 2012 which is when i sold off my full frame camera and equipment, started my own company as a creative director and invested in smaller cameras which were more focused on video but that delivered similar IQ to the A7x cameras in terms of stills. In my area i could get close to what i paid for my A6500 since taxes are killer here and people are always trying to avoid paying them. I think out of pocket i would be paying about $250 difference. My lenses are almost all FE (35mm 2.8, 55mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8) except for my landscape lens which is a 10-18mm but for the time being wouldn't bother me to use of crop mode for now until i pick up a 16-35mm F4.

So can someone convince me differently? I know the A7R III is coming out any day but we are taking about a $1800-2000 price difference between what i can get the A7R II and what i would pay for a new A7R III.

Thanks for the input.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony Alpha a7R II Sony Alpha a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow