RX10 IV managing continuous shoot series could be improved.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cheng Bao Senior Member • Posts: 1,155
RX10 IV managing continuous shoot series could be improved.

I think it is applicable to A9 and A7R III too.

When using continuous shoot -Hi, it is very easy to shoot 2000 pictures in ten minutes.

Sony does a great job of grouping continuous shot, that you can browser series photo in groups, and delete group with just delete button.

However, when I want to only keep a few shots that having perfect focus and poses, and delete rest of them in-camera, it falls short.

Yes, I can protect certain photos, and deleting group will keep protected photos. However,

1. protect operation cannot be mapped to a custom button, that means I have go into menu to enable protect

2. if the first photo is protected, the whole group is protected too, you can delete the group

3. I need to undo protect after deleting rest of photo, since protected photo can't be deleted after importing to playmemories PC. You need extra steps by delete them manually from folders if you don't undo protect.

So,  I think best solution is having a feature to just checkbox photo I want to keep and delete rest from group. If above not possible,

1. protected first photo doesn't not protect group on the whole (There is protecting all photo in group right now)

2. be able to assign protect to custom button

Sony a7R III Sony a9 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow