When using larger lenses (70-300, 100-400) on a a6x00 body, do you use a battery grip?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
cmoraes Junior Member • Posts: 39
When using larger lenses (70-300, 100-400) on a a6x00 body, do you use a battery grip?

I just got the Sony 70-300 FE lens to use with my a6500. I had used it briefly back in August and didn't find it uncomfortable, but when I was using it this weekend I really noticed the weight and balance on the smaller body. It kind of felt like there was no comfortable way to grip the camera with a large heavy lens like that on it. For people who use these large, heavy lenses regularly, do you just get used to it? Build up grip strength? Or are there any helpful tips you can suggest for using these lenses. Do you use a battery grip?

Thanks. I'll be using it on vacation for the next couple of weeks.

cmoraes's gear list:cmoraes's gear list
Sony a6500 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 SSM II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6500 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow