Not so great D850 wow moment

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PHXAZCRAIG
PHXAZCRAIG Forum Pro • Posts: 14,038
Not so great D850 wow moment

After fiddling with settings over the weekend (was busy) I took the D850 outside for the first time today to test autofocus and use my 200-500. Nothing wrong with the camera that I've found so far, though I had to educate myself on some settings.

But this is the first time in over 10 years I've tried shooting a long lens without a grip on the camera.

And wow, it really sucks! Now I'm almost glad I didn't get this camera in September when I ordered it, only to suffer through months of not having a grip.

To you grip-waiters out there, I feel you! This camera has a bit different feel, maybe better than the D810, but it's just uncomfortable without the grip, with the 200-500, or the 70-200, or even the 24-70. For the first time I start to understand people who say the 24-70 is big and heavy. It feels quite normal to me (been shooting a 24-70 f2.8 since about 2008, but always on gripped cameras.

C'mon Nikon! Ship those grips!

-- hide signature --

Phoenix Arizona Craig
www.cjcphoto.net

PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +37 more
Nikon D810 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow