Comparison between DSLR and iphone super rez-

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Max Iso
Max Iso Senior Member • Posts: 6,060
Comparison between DSLR and iphone super rez-

I recently discussed a super rez app that's available for phones and my use of it instead of getting a WA lens for my DSLR. But there isn't much data doing direct comparisons between the two visually so i figured i would do a little competition. I tried to normalize the FOV best i could and keep PP similar.

Used a razor sharp Nikon 55 f3.5 against an iphone 8+ and the Cortex Camera app. Shot the Nikon at f11 and base ISO. The phone was on auto exposure, which took 99 photos and stacked them internally. Both devices were set on a stable surface and shot with timers to avoid vibrations for optimal results.

I used as much sharpening as i could on both short of an oversharpened look, then used equal NR on each. Feel free to offer your opinions on IQ of each.

Max Iso's gear list:Max Iso's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus 40-150mm F3.5-4.5 +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow