Tripod head for cold weather.

Started Dec 11, 2017 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Noah S
Noah S New Member • Posts: 14
Tripod head for cold weather.

Side Details:

Around a year ago I bought a Varizoom VZTP1568 tripod and the Varizoom Chickenhead flat base fluid head for doing video with the tripod. I love the tripod, it's very sturdy, the legs alone easily extend the tripod as tall as me and they can move independently. I went outside one day at +4C (a few degrees above freezing) and the pan/tilt head that came with the tripod got stiff and seemed to sustain permanent damage. My first tripod was the Optex OPT 155. It was short and wasn't sturdy but it never froze up and barely stiffened when it was below freezing, presumably there was nothing to freeze in the head.

Actual question: Are there any tripod heads (preferably pan/tilt) that don't have problems in cold weather that I could mount to the Varizoom VZTP1568 tripod (3/8" thread I believe) . I have done some research and the options seem to start at 400$ and go up which I can't afford. Are there any cheap options?

Noah S's gear list:Noah S's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX530 Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow