Switch from EM1ii to XT2 or keep it with new XT1? XT2 now reliable?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chewbokeh Regular Member • Posts: 213
Switch from EM1ii to XT2 or keep it with new XT1? XT2 now reliable?

Hi All,

I’ve been using an EM1ii with 12-40mm 2.8 and 40-150 2.8 for the last year and do get some great results but have found it lacks some of the shallower dof and some noise when cropping some indoor swimming gala photos. I used to have the x100s and loved that and always been tempted by the xt1 graphite which I decided to take a plunge last week with the 35mm 1.4 and see if I like it, and absolutely love the control layout and what images I I have got so far. I am very tempted now to get the 16-55mm 2.8 too. I suppose I have never been completely comfortable with the em1ii with a lack of obvious retro dials.

I feel that having both the em1ii and an xt2 is excessive and too costly(!) and have been toying with the idea of trading all the Olympus kit in to get the Xt2 graphite and the 16-55 2.8 and whatever the 2.8 zoom lens is. An alternative is to just keep the current set up of em1ii and xt1 and just use the em1ii for fast action and xt1 for everything else.

The thing holding me back completely transferring over to the XT2 is that I have been doing some research and concerned to read reports about weather sealing issues/lockups/lcd issues etc on xt2 and people going back to the XT1.

What do you think (especially if you’ve had the EM1ii and switched/or even stayed/run both )?

Thanks in advance.

To get an idea of what I shoot and what I would use the cameras for: https://www.flickr.com/photos/chewbokeh/

Chewbokeh's gear list:Chewbokeh's gear list
Leica Q Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +2 more
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow