Olympus E-M10 ii not producing optimal images

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fixingyellowcars New Member • Posts: 14
Olympus E-M10 ii not producing optimal images

Hello guys, I recently got my Olympus E-M10 ii and 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 kit lens. It's my first mirrorless/interchangeable lens camera, I have previously been using my phone and an Olympus point and shoot.

I have read up a little before my trip and I know that I still dont fully understand the mechanics behind operating this camera and lens, I only read generally about the rules of photography eg. sunny 16, higher f for deeper depth of field for landscape photos. It's an amateur mistake as I didnt take my lens into consideration.

I'm not very satisfied with the photos I took recently, shot on A mode. The colours look dull and the photos don't look too sharp. Anyway, here's an album to some shots: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fixingyellowcars/albums/72157667328263619/with/38869866261/

I set my ISO to 200 and followed the sunny 16 rule. You can see the specs below the images in the album. Are the photos not optimal because I set my f too tight, since the lens is F3.5 - 5.6?

Thank you and sorry if this question is silly!

Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow