Out of Focus Condition on 7D II

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
karski Regular Member • Posts: 100
Out of Focus Condition on 7D II

The problem exists while using my 7D II with a Tamron 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD lens. Mostly when I am taking pictures of birds in flight.  At least that is when I notice it the most.

I have had the camera and lens since March 2015.

The 7D II occasionally has an out of focus problem either when I first turn the camera while I'm taking taking pictures at high speed continuous.  Turning the camera on and off sometimes corrects the problem for a while, but the out of focus condition normally comes back.  Short term fix is to telescope the lens back from 600mm to 100mm and make contact with the camera.  (Perhaps that shock against the camera corrects the focusing for the time being.  But again, the problem returns)

My thought was is/was that my contacts are bad.  I then used alcohol swabs to clean both lens and camera contact surfaces.  This seems to work for a short time, but again I get out of focus conditions and I repeat the above procedures.

In line with this problem I now also notice that when I use the Q button several times, the LCD screen will not light up.  Again, I turn off/on the camera and the problem goes away.  Pushing the shutter button half way does not solve that problem.  Again, my thoughts are a contact problem.

Has anyone else had this/these problems and can anyone provide me with possible solutions.

Or is it time to send the camera back to Canon for repair.

Canon EOS 7D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow