Using the A6000 in snowy and other bad weather conditions

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Htbaa Contributing Member • Posts: 821
Using the A6000 in snowy and other bad weather conditions

So currently we're experiencing snow where I live. Great! I always used a Point&Shoot and wouldn't really worry about snow hitting the camera or lens. It would rarely happen because it's so tiny. If it did, wipe it off and done.

But, since moving to the A3000 and A6000 and with them some more expensive glass (it's all expensive when you're used to a € 180,- P&S, but I've grown accustomed to the prices now ;-)) I've become very careful with it in bad conditions.

If it's starting to rain even the slightest I put it back in my bag. With snow the same. Big flakes or a lot of tiny flakes. I mean, it lands on the camera or lens, melts and voila, it's bigger than a raindrop.

So, am I being too careful or what? I think i'm not as much as concerned about the camera (got a hotshoe cap on it as well) but more about the lenses themselves. Or should I keep a little cloth in my hand to wipe off as much as possible right on? How much can these systems (and especially the lenses) take?

Htbaa's gear list:Htbaa's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E +17 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow