Getting new lenses for the D3200

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Torgontri New Member • Posts: 17
Getting new lenses for the D3200

Hello there!

I've had a Nikon D3200 for about 3 years now with just the two kit lenses (18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G and 55-200mm f/4-5.6G). As much as my greedy self would like to upgrade the camera body, I don't think it'd be worth for me to get one of the D7000s so I'd rather wait and get a proper full frame in the future.

However I would like to get some better quality lenses. The key would be to get good lenses that work well with the D3200 but that would also work for a full-frame in the future.

I do pretty much all kinds of photography, but I am a biologist so landscape and wildlife photography are very important for me. I don't have a huge budget but if It's worth it I'm willing to spend some money in it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Tl;dr: need ideas for good lenses for the D3200 that would also work for a full frame in the future

Torgontri's gear list:Torgontri's gear list
Nikon D3200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
Nikon D3200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow