Pentax K1 vs Nikon D850 Image Sensor Quality Test

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MalcolmD99 Regular Member • Posts: 122
Pentax K1 vs Nikon D850 Image Sensor Quality Test

According to this test the Pentax K1 is much better in terms of low light performance then the Nikon D850.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=709&v=ngjFgTQW1Ik

Is the K1 highly under rated compared to the d850? Not to mention the advanced pixel shift features of the K1 including high resolution for still images and in camera star tracking for up to five minutes. Does this show that it may not be yet be possible for a camera to have a high pixel count and still have good low light performance with current technology?

I am sure the D850 beats the the K1 in terms of fast focusing performance and in other ways when used in good light.

I am not a camera expert just putting it out there for further examination since these are both two cameras I was thinking of buying. The other camera I have been thinking of buying is the Sony a7riii which also has high resolution and is supposed to be good in low light. But again should we question the claim for the D850n and the A7rIII to be good in low light along with high pixel count?  Why does new Sony and Nikon get such praise compared to what Pentax did with the K1?

As a side note The D850 really borrowed a lot of its new features from the K1. Maybe this really just points to the the excellent innovation of Pentax who offers great quality along with very good prices.

MalcolmD99's gear list:MalcolmD99's gear list
leica m edition 60 Hasselblad X1D
Nikon D850 Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow