Inconsistent firing with Sekonic 858d-u & pocketwizard flexx t5

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
bryanfromdeep New Member • Posts: 1
Inconsistent firing with Sekonic 858d-u & pocketwizard flexx t5

Guys Im going nuts. I cant reach tech support for a week now. I have the new sekonic 858 du controlling 3 flexxt5 units and a fourth flexx on the camera with an ac3.

The pocket wizards, sb600 and 800s and ac3 all work fine on their own. Ive introduced the sekonic 858du with the pocketwizard radio installed and now IM going nuts.

I’ve set the pocket wizard on the camera to trigger only in the software. They are all on the same channel and have updated firmware.

Here are some illustrations of issues.

From my 858 I set the exposure level with the faders. I hit the button to fire them on the 858 at the lowest power, they fire at the wrong power 4 or 5 times, then they fire at the right power 4 or 5 times and then the wrong power 5 times and so goes the cycle. This is all in the same sequence changing nothing.

Another example,

I have all the three flashes in front of me, each on a b and c.......im testing them all individually, everything working great!!! Hurray! then suddenly I choose something like only b and now when I hit the button on the sekonic all 3 fire at the same time even though a and c are switched off.  Some times just two fire even when only one is set to on.

Another example,

I set my exposure level from the 858, then when I fire from my camera all the lights fire at different exposures, Ive tried this with the same results with the AC3 on and the pocket wizard. Normally blown out exposures. The pocket wizard is set to transmit only on the camera, but then of course sometimes it keeps the correct exposure.

Anyone have a clue whats happening here?

Thank you so much!

Bryan

Canon EOS 1200D (EOS Rebel T5 / EOS Kiss X70)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow