How to get focus in low light with em10iii?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Flat view
EcoPics Senior Member • Posts: 1,890
How to get focus in low light with em10iii?

So some will know Im considering swapping to M43 but being use to PDAF that is scary as I often focus in low light (think of a room with blinds and doors shut in the daytime).

Love the oly lenses, love the pricing $700 with 14-42EZ ! (by the way is that a reasonable kit lens?)

On my a6000 I can pull back the flash and it will tricks the EV so you can focus fast as normal.

Now with a complete CDAF system, are there any things like this that can help?

I realise I will lose my focus tracking insanity, but Im wanting this purely for still shots, not much of a BIF person, mostly perched birds.

Now I know the iii has the new 121FP system and supposedly the processor is faster or something. Whilst not being a PDAF im hoping that means something good.

Any thoughts on whether this is wise or should I stick the hybrid focus for my situation? keep in mind Im often in good light too.

This video clearly shows the em10ii struggles vs last gen fuji cdpdaf which was well behind even the a6000.

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow