Culling

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
srock Regular Member • Posts: 482
Culling

I am in the process of decreasing my dependence on LR and getting ready to transition to other software

I have purchased DXo, ACDsee, Luminar, and On 1

There have been endless comparisons about their DAMs, RAW conversions and Layer editing and each has strong and weak points. All are improving at light speed.

I havent seen a discussion however about the capabilities of each for painless culling- A day shooting for me can easily result in several hundred photos and culling is the first thing I do- LR has a good way of allowing me to cull/reject and delete and then if I want move photos to new locations ( I don't move as I use structured folders and the files are where I want them).

I have tried each of the above and am not sure whether there are equally good culling tools available to me in the above

Appreciate any comments

Steve

srock's gear list:srock's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Pentax K-3 Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow