First Big Print

Started Dec 10, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
knight427 Regular Member • Posts: 116
First Big Print

I'm making a large print for the first time as a Christmas present for my mom (the photo has sentimental meaning to her). I am planning to order a 20x30 canvas from a single from of my Canon 6D. i cropped a bit, but the vast majority of the image is there to work with.
I'm at a loss in regards to exporting this to a sufficient resolution.  I know the 6D doesn't have a very high density sensor by modern standards, so I also know there is point at which making a file bigger thorough higher dpi is a waste. I did an export to .tiff with no compression at 480 dpi. The file is huge, but Adorama Pix up-loader says the quality is just below "good" on a scale of fair/good/excellent when printing at 20x30. Am I maxing out the print size for a single frame on my 6D, or should I try a higher dpi???

I don't even know how to tell what the remaining pixel count is after my crop. Here is a screen grab to give you an idea.

knight427's gear list:knight427's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon Extender EF 2x III Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +2 more
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow