Next camera choice...D500 or D750?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
twamers Senior Member • Posts: 1,259
Re: Next camera choice...D500 or D750?

Well I shoot both the D7200 and D500 and I print from them. There is no way the prints are worse from the D500 with less pixels or what. In fact overall the D500 are just that bit better to my eye generally. And I'm keeping my D7200 because it is a fantastic camera and I have no complaints with it at all. It's just that the D500 is a bit better in that department and much better in other areas (buffer, autofocus, viewfinder etc. etc.). For me I have 2 great cameras and I can hardly think the D7500 (same pixels as D500) will suffer at all. See quotes below from DP Review of D7500:

There are a few understandable misconceptions made when comparing the D7500 to its beloved predecessor. The first is sensor resolution. Yes, the D7500 has a sensor that is 3MP less resolution than the D7200. No, that does not matter. The sensor in the D7500 is borrowed from the D500 and built for fast readout speeds, something that contributes to its 8 fps burst and 4K video. It also offers excellent image quality.

The next misconception is regarding LCD resolution: The D7200's 1.2M-dot display is the same resolution as the D7500's updated 922k-dot display. Both are 640 x 480. And despite the D7500's reduction in dots, its LCD actually appears a tad crisper than that of the D7200.

The D7500 is an outstanding stills camera and a refinement of an already excellent DSLR. It brings added speed and buffer depth to the enthusiast level and adds improved subject recognition. More comfortable to hold than its predecessor, the addition of a tilting touchscreen only adds to the camera's excellent ergonomics. And while 4K video is a nice selling point, the 1.5x crop and crummy video AF dim its appeal for movie makers. But for stills shooters, the D7500 is one beast of a camera.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow