FAS vs Tilt screen

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Spiridakis Michael
Spiridakis Michael Senior Member • Posts: 2,789
FAS vs Tilt screen

Yes I know this is old news but as I am thinking about some cameras my mind can't have a peace.

In the next few months, maximum until spring of 2018 I must decide.

I own and use em5 mkI from early 2013, I need to add a body mainly for video and timelapse.

My priority is the camera to be Olympus, as I have a bad experience of working together with panasonic in the past and the menu structure is nice to be the same in both.

Unfortunately Olympus has slow down so much so I have to include panasonic options too.

So I am studding day by day the specs and the options of the following cameras.

Olympus EM5 markII

Olympus EM5 successor mark III - If I am lucky even for specs of it.

Panasonic GX8 successor - If I am lucky even for specs of it.

Panasonic G85

Panasonic LX 100

All options except the LX 100 share the same Full Articulated Screen FAS, and I wonder why so restricted options in such a serious factor.

Sony with A9 a 5000+ camera (and a whole bunch of other cameras) ignores that the FAS is so useful in video and casual portrait shots from the ground level...

I think someone of m43 consortium have to send a mail or a FAX anyway to SONY and inform them about the benefits of this abnormality with the name FAS....

Am I the only one.... that can't get it right with this thing...?

-- hide signature --

www.spiridakis.gr

Spiridakis Michael's gear list:Spiridakis Michael's gear list
7artisans 12mm F2.8
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow