San Francisco w the Brick, 56 and 80

Started Dec 10, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Greg7579
Greg7579 Senior Member • Posts: 4,984
San Francisco w the Brick, 56 and 80

Teresa and I are visiting friends in the Bay Area and we went into San Francisco all day yesterday and I carried four lenses -- the three new ones I got last week (80, 56 and the brick) and the 50-140. It was not too bad a load. I had the XT-2 around my neck with the 50-140 on it and the brick, 56 and 80 in the Domke 803F bag around my shoulder.

The tragic fires in Southern California caused a haze even this far North.

News flash -- I loved the Brick!!!! It balances well and I can steady it as well as the little 23/35/50 F2s. The 80 has rock steady OIS, and the 56 turned night into day.

I shot the brick at 16 a lot and liked it almost as much as the Mighty 16.

I'm posting a few shots here. 21 more are in the San Francisco Album of the Flickr page.

All hand-held.  The shot off the back of the trolley car at night could have benefitted with OIS, but I love the lens.

The 80 is good for hand-held landscapes -- Great OIS

The 56 turned night into day wide open, but not tac sharp because hand held on the back of trolley car

The Brick wide open at 16

The 56 wide open on a trolley car

Pier 39 and the famous sea lions

Macy's on Union Square at Night

Fisherman's Wharf Area

-- hide signature --
 Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm X-T2 +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow