Verify RAW files to LR catalog files & clean up Smart Previews for deleted RAW files

Started Dec 10, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 1,935
Verify RAW files to LR catalog files & clean up Smart Previews for deleted RAW files

Is there a way that I can get LR to go through my entire catalog and verify that all photos in my catalog physically exist on the hard drive where I store them?

I had to restore a catalog from a few weeks ago, and between then and now, I had removed several (probably 1,000) photos (physically, using Delete Rejected Photos option in LR), so I'd like to do a verification on my catalog against the physical raw files.

The only way I'm aware of doing this, is to have LR rebuild all smart previews and it gives you a list of files that it can't find, but that can take hours. All I need it to do is tell me if the file is physically present or not.

Also, is there a way to sync Smart Previews and have LR remove any smart previews for files that physically do not exist anymore?

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow