G7X vs G7X II image comparison test

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
geepondy Senior Member • Posts: 1,972
G7X vs G7X II image comparison test

Comparing my newly arrived G7X II refurb vs my current G7X.  Both pictures shot in raw manual mode using the same exposure settings and processed via DXO Optics Photolab at the default settings.

My untrained eyes seem to agree with the DP studio scene comparison.  The mark II exhibits better contrast, most noticeable in the darker areas (slate roof for example) or is it merely that digic 7 exposure processing is a tad less with the mark II? What are your thoughts?

G7X

G7X II

A couple of other comparison thoughts is that yes, the mark II is definitely quicker in everyday operation but in terms of apparent instant focus and shot to shot times, it still does not make me forget my DSLR.  The camera is and definitely feels a tad bulkier than the Mark I.  I haven't  had time to explore the other enhancements.  The $450 refurb looks like a brand new camera to me.

geepondy's gear list:geepondy's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon G7 X II
Canon G7 X II Canon PowerShot G7 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mbv
mbv
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow