Paintshop Pro Color Management & Color Management Fundamentals

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 13,189
Why do I waste my time in these forums?

Ruby Rod wrote:

Sorry if I offended you. Humor was intended, for without humor I'd give up on this (and many other things). I do think this topic is at an end unless Corel comes back with more info on what PSP is doing "under the hood".

Amazing how many posters here believe they are either photographers or comedians. So few here really are.

Examine what I do for a living sir. I've spent several days trying to help you out. Fact is, my clients start paying me at $1500 a day or $175 an hour for such services.

I didn't come here to waste all my time but apparently too much of it under the idea of helping others like yourself on the issues surrounding color and imaging. I don't need someone I'm trying to assist for free, telling me:

I can't tell if you're being difficult or pedantic.

I don't know what you do for a living but my advise today is, don't go into a forum dedicated to that profession, and assist hobbyists and amateurs at the expensive of your own time nor continue assisting after being told you are either difficult OR pedantic.

FWIW, your screen capture appears to me to show the error of your ways. You sir will have to figure that issue out yourself or find someone else, difficult or pedantic, to guide you to a solution.

DRP forums, the cesspool of amateurs, hobbyists and a few regular and confused posters (one such confused amateur of misinformation who just this week I discovered, took my images and called him his own in his gallery: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60481276 ), auguring about nonsense of their own creation, auguring with pro's who volunteer their time and expertise for what? Blow back, insults and flat earth ideas about color and imaging, malpractice in taking my images and calling them their own because they can't get out of a wet paper bag with a camera in tow.

Why do I waste my time in these forums? You've nailed another, (maybe the last) nail in a coffin of conviction that I should let the amateurs, hobbyists and a few regular and confused posters live in their own bubble of misinformation without professional guidance and peer review.

-- hide signature --

Andrew Rodney
Author: Color Management for Photographers
The Digital Dog
http://www.digitaldog.net

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow