Stopped by the police

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
akkers5 Regular Member • Posts: 212
Stopped by the police

Being an amatuer photo/video enthusiat I was taking walk-by videos in my town today. I had been doing this for around 15mins and a police car appeared out of nowhere. I suspect a member of public must have phoned them. You know - a coloured guy taking videos.....

Anyway the policeman asked me what I was doing so told him that I was a hobbyist and taking videos. He asked to see the videos and I let him. He then asked me for my details and I gave him my name, dob and address; he sent this to the control room over radio. Unfortunately, he did not say under which legislation he was doing this under I certainly was not under arrest.

Anyway the control room told him to seek some photo id. As I was not carrying my wallet at the time I had no ID on me; the control room insisted on me showing some photo ID. So the policeman suggested that he drive me to my home so that I can show him some ID and he would drop me back; I refused initially but then agreed as long as he did not park near my house (what would the neighbours think). So he drove me to nera my home, I got some ID and showed him; he went away. It left a bitter taste in my mouth so I did not go back and complete my video.

In our town I have never seen police stop a white photographer and I have seen many taking photos and videos.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
tex
tex
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow