Am I giving up too much to get with Fuji

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
John Gellings Senior Member • Posts: 3,258
Re: Am I giving up too much to get with Fuji

granola1 wrote:

I've had my heart set on a Fuji X-t20 for a while now. I ruled out other systems, EosM and Sony Alpha (and I'm not willing to get back into discussing or considering them) which were both in the running early on. I'm almost decided but it's hard to ignore the value of the E-m10ii which never seriously considered before.

The dilemma is that the cost of the Fuji system will limit me to the 18-55, which is a great lens but I won't be able to afford more for at least a year. I might possibly be able to afford an XC 50-230 but not so soon after purchasing.

On the other hand, there is the E-m10ii with two lenses at just little over half the cost and more in line with my original budget. One is a pancake with terrible IQ but super useful due to it's pocketablity, and the other is the well regarded 40-150 all purpose tele.

Just buy either and start photographing... both are fine.  Do you like the 2:3 or 4:3 aspect ratio better?  That is where I'd make my choice.

John Gellings's gear list:John Gellings's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow