Perchten in Bavaria - a frightening custom for small and foreign people

Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Daniel from Bavaria Contributing Member • Posts: 861
Perchten in Bavaria - a frightening custom for small and foreign people

Hello,

yesterday the so called Perchten visited our villiage during a christmas market.

Very roughly spoken these guys (masked and with a lot of fur as clothes) do cast out the old year and therefore its old gosts. They do this with a lot of noise, running and jumping and also being naughty to the people (plucking the hat from their heads etc. pp, being intimitating etc.)

Nowadays it is quite harmless and just a really nice and scary show which sometimes scares the shi... out of kids - but if they see someone is scared they move on. Ten, twenty years ago they really ran with rods through villages and hit everyone who was not fast enough hit hart enough that the police was interested. Times are changing.

I have to say, with the changing light, the running and jumping Perchten and the overall darkness (and bloody cold) it was a real challenge with the M.

All pictures made with the M, very few with the SE 21mm, the rest with Zeiss ZM 1.4 35 and a full manual Nissin flash

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Regards

Daniel

the bad witch, which is escaping during the show and jumping at people..

-- hide signature --

--- esccaped..

Yes, the big and ugly one

...out of my way ... worm!

no kidding!

My game of thrones moment ...

Fire, noise and jumping - that's how to come up agains the old year..

Understandable that kids are REALLY scared ... and they come real close..

Final posing , the show is over and the people start to make selfies with these demons ..

Daniel from Bavaria's gear list:Daniel from Bavaria's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Super-Elmar-M 21mm f/3.4 ASPH Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 1,4/35 ZM +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow