Mini-Challenge: Urban *** WINNERS

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fenlander Regular Member • Posts: 409
Mini-Challenge: Urban *** WINNERS

Thank you all for your entries, of which there were 16, excluding exhibitions. Here are the winners:

Honourable mention:

Mark's Old Gentleman with his coffee - a sympathetic portrait of an urban dweller.

Honourable mention:

Iván's deceptively simple but perfectly balanced subway scene contains a number of interesting details.

Third:

I thought long about Mike's highly original view of La Grande Arche in Paris, imagining him lying on his back to take what I assume is a view of the top of the Arche and the 'tent' below it. The distance from the tent to the roof is considerable (check out the picture on Wikipedia) but depth of field has been well handled and the gradation of the monochrome tones is beautiful.

Second:

Agingpunk's energetic night-time city view deservedly received the most likes in the competition. Some compositional compromise was necessary (I'm thinking of the street furniture on the left) to achieve a striking candid shot in difficult lighting conditions.

Winner:

Sue Ann - it's you again! I love the symbolism of this picture: it makes a powerful social comment. The tenement with its 'Keep Out' sign and its enclosure is juxtaposed with the child's dreams of escaping entrapment and rising - like a phoenix - above her environment. A very thought-provoking image. Kudos, too, to the graffiti artist!

Thanks again to all who took the time to enter. Sue Ann, over to you.

Steve (fenlander)

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow