The Canon M6 for U$574 !?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
caterpillar Veteran Member • Posts: 7,507
The Canon M6 for U$574 !?

It was not part of the plan to get it earlier. But the knock down price was hard to resist!

I just ordered online the M6 with 15-45 kit lens from Lazada. It's our local version of Amazon for U$574 (VAT inclusive). Regular price here is about U$800. They have a sale up to the 12th Dec. And that special price just popped up. Too bad, I missed the extra special discount of another U$17 less by 12min using a special coupon. ETA of the M6 is between the 19th and 26th. I very much doubt it would go over the 9th. I won't get the standard 3-year warranty, only 1 year and I have to register it. But that's ok as in my past experience, I still have to have any of my cameras serviced for repairs even after 4-5 years.

I was tempted to get the body only version for only U$487, but decided to get the one with the kit lens just in case I want to resell it. Besides, I want a small kit lens to go with it. I have the ef-s 18-135 stm but that will be too big and bulky especially with an adapter!

I already got the Andoer EF/EF-s to EF-M adapter about a month or more ago. So, that should get my Canon lenses working with it. Will order an extra batt after it arrives. Maybe a dual battery charger too where it can be charged with a power banks instead of the AC from the wall.

My questions are:

- is U$574 with kit lens a good price?

- anything I should know or caveats with the camera I need to know?

- any issues or caveats using the ff lenses with adapter? :

- 50 f1.8 stm

- 85 f1.8 usm

- ef-s 18-135 STM

- ef-s 10-22

- 70-200 f2.8L IS mark I

-- hide signature --

- Caterpillar
'Always in the process of changing, growing, and transforming.'

caterpillar's gear list:caterpillar's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 +22 more
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow