Camera boxes and storing

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
N Desmond Contributing Member • Posts: 731
Camera boxes and storing

Hey, all, I'd appreciate your thoughts on how you store your gear.

I purchased a GXR right after they were discontinued and became much more affordable. Prices remained low for a period, and one could often purchase a lensor module with a camera back for about the same price as the lens module separately. As a result, I have at least four camera backs and all the lensor modules.

If you have multiple GXR backs and lens modules, M or other mount lenses, how do you you store them, as well as the batteries, cords, chargers, manuals, etc?

Currently, I have multiple camera bags with cameras and lens modules attached. I have a camera bag for traveling that can also hold a charger and cords. The remaining chargers, computer cords, manuals, M mount lenses and adapters are in a few drawers. The camera and lens boxes are either in these drawers or on a closet shelf. It's all too much, and I'd like to store like things together and make things easy to find and use. Searching through camera bags to see which lensor is attached to a back and for extra batteries is a pain.

Is there any need to keep my camera boxes at all? Would you buy a used camera without the original box? Or should I put them in the basement and not worry if they develop a musty odor?

What would you do?

N Desmond's gear list:N Desmond's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Ricoh GR Digital IV Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Ricoh GR Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow