First outing with a7RIII

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
x43x
x43x Forum Member • Posts: 56
First outing with a7RIII

I made the switch from Canon to Sony. Major upgrade in camera and glass for me, who isn't a pro and still learning. I had plans to head into the woods today but the wife dragged me to the dog park. I managed a few back-porch birding photos shot through a window beforhand. The dog park started really foggy then cleared up towards the end. After that we headed to a pet store and I tried taking some lizard shots through their cage glass with a 120lb 9-month old Great Dane in the other hand.

I tried editing in the free version of Capture One. I should probably watch the tutorial as I couldn't find a few things but maybe they aren't in the free version? Some of the jpegs were good enough for me and there was some major cropping in a few. I did bring a couple of the jpegs into Lightroom to further tweak. I'm having some issues with certail raw files corrupting in Windows when saved as jpegs. I can upload them here and the thumbnails look okay, but once loaded, they corrupt again. Not sure what the deal is there. Took several at the dog park to try out the tracking focus, but most of those are corrupted and I can't post them.

Anyway, the pics that turned out...don't be too harsh...

x43x's gear list:x43x's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 24-105mm F4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow