Hoping for help in purchase of new camera

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jimpop3r New Member • Posts: 1
Hoping for help in purchase of new camera

Hello. I’ve lurked here before and have always found the forum to be very informative. So I was hoping some of the people with vast knowledge of compact cameras can help me choose my next one.

First up is what I’ve used up until now. Always Canon with my most recent being the S120. Second is what I shoot, which is mostly food, and also scenic shots ranging from urban to nature. So it’s mostly used in travel scenerios which is why I like them to be small enough for my pocket.

Im headed to Asia this Friday and think I want a new camera. After a recent trip to Europe I just wasn’t happy with my current camera anymore. But I should point out my knowledge of it was low. I hope to become better informed of my new camera and how to take full advantage of it. My biggest gripe with the S120 was how bad the shots were in low light situations. I try not to shoot too much at night but sometimes I do. For instance my nighttime shots of the canals in Amsterdam came out blurry and basically unusable. Despite nice lights from the homes. So I’m looking for something with decent quality at night and I’m looking to spend maybe $600 max.

I’m considering the Panasonic Lumix ZS100 / TZ100 and was wondering if that’s something that would be what I’m looking for. Or is there something better? I’d like to start implementing the ability to load photos from my camera to my phone while on vacations.

I’ve included a link to my food blog if only so people can see my photos. Please help! I don’t need professional quality photos but want to start taking better pics especially on my Asia trip. Thanks!!!!

http://www.chibbqking.blogspot.com

Canon PowerShot S120 Panasonic ZS100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow