Gitzo Quality Control?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sage Senior Member • Posts: 2,340
Gitzo Quality Control?

I purchased a new Gitzo tripod model GT4543LS. It's a very stable tripod and appears to be well made except I noticed that it is not level per it's spirit when placed on level flooring with the legs equally extended to a defined stop. My inexpensive Oben tripod actually displays a level spirit on level flooring, but not my much more expensive Gitzo. I confirmed the floor was level using a carpenter's level. As a result, I have requested an exchange for another GT4543LS. Of course, there's no guarantee that the replacement tripod will be perfect either. I'm disappointed that a tripod that costs almost $1,000 US dollars is not perfect from the factory. I'd appreciate other's thoughts and experiences with their Gitzo tripods from a quality of manufacture perspective. Of course, I can always make my camera level using the ball head, but I would still expect a perfect tripod for the money I spent. Thanks.

Sage's gear list:Sage's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Sony a6000 +20 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow