Post-crop vignetting in DxO Photolab 11?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
koson New Member • Posts: 1
Post-crop vignetting in DxO Photolab 11?

I am evaluating raw developers and am currently looking at DxO PhotoLab 11. I will be transitioning from standalone Lightroom to some other raw developer because I am not a fan of the subscription model.

So far there is a lot to like about PL 11, especially PRIME noise reduction. The U-Point technology is great too but not yet at the level of Nik tools, IMO. The biggest thing I miss is being able to see the actual masks created by the U-Points, and the second biggest thing I miss is not being able to group U-Points. Hopefully these will show up in a future release.

Here is my main question, though. or many images, I tend to be a fan of subtle post-crop vignetting. This is easily accomplished in LR but I can't seem to find out if it is supported in PL.

I found a vignetting area in PL, but near as I can tell it only allows lightening of the corners to correct for lens vignetting and not darkening of the corners as one would usually do in post-crop vignetting. (The slider starts at 0 and only allows positive values.) A visit to PL online help came up empty, and other searches did, too. The closest I could come concerned correcting lens vignetting, which is a different kettle of fish.

Can anyone help?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow