Which Fuji x lens should I keep or sell?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jooshyjosh New Member • Posts: 10
Which Fuji x lens should I keep or sell?

Hey guys, I currently own a Fuji x-t2 along with the 35mm f/2 and 56mm f/1.2. I'm also currently a college student at U of Michigan (ann arbor = small college midwest town). That being said, theres not all too much time for me to take photos and stuff in general. However, I've been trying to go for a unique look that comprises of very professional photos along with amateur styled photos (along the lines of an extremely high quality iphone camera) to promote both myself as a person and myself as a photographer.

I love the 56mm f/1.2. I'll never sell that thing-- its amazing for portraits and satifies my inner bokeh need. However, although I love the 35mm, I feel as if the wider angle of the 18-55mm kit lens would come in handy more often than the 35mm-- whenever i need bokeh I usually just switch to the 56. I know its not as sharp, but once again, as a college student, I dont feel the need to drop 1000+ on the 10-24 or 16-55.  I also travel around once or twice a year and I love landscapes and portraits. Moreover, I shoot video so image stabilization would be a plus (for the 18-55).

So basically, should I sell the 35mm and get the 18-55? Would the drop in sharpness bother me? Or does the 35mm sharpness outweigh the kit lenses utility..

jooshyjosh's gear list:jooshyjosh's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow