Fuji 18-55mm focus problems

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
happytraveller2 Forum Member • Posts: 88
Fuji 18-55mm focus problems

There have been a few threads about the possible focus problems on some 18-55m lenses, although it seems to have gone quiet recently.

I am still undecided about my 18-55mm lens. I have a feeling that my first 18-55mm lens (before it was stolen) was better than my current one. I would expect more out of focus pictures (OOF) with my 100-400mm lens, but it seems to be far sharper than the 18-55mm lens.

I have tried some of the suggestions, such as turning off OIS when the light is good enough, and normally photos aretaken at  around the 'sweet spot' of this particular lens.

But I am increasingly thinking that at 25m+ distances that the lens has more focussing problems than you would expect. In good light and with good contrast, assuming that the camera is steady and with a high enough shutter speed, then for photos such as landscapes then I would expect few OOF pictures. But the failure rate is higher than I would expect. Firmware is up to date on both the camera and the lens.

Have other users had any success after returning their 18-55mm lenses for service or calibrating?

Jerry

jeritilley.wordpress.com

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow