Paparazzi in movies

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 12,243
Re: Paparazzi in movies

greatphoto wrote:

Is any one tired of seeing actors playing the part of a newspaper or paparazzi photographer and they have no idea of how to hold a camera?

No.  Not something I remotely care about.

A good example is in the movie I am watching tonight, "The Other Guys" with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg. Within the first few scenes there is a media interview and the photographer is holding the camera by the flash with his right hand yet the flash is going off, just laughable.

Maybe he's hitting the test flash button.

This is not the first time I have seen actors holding the camera by the flash, usually by their left hand, so how do they zoom lol.

Do they need to?

I can't imagine anyone being handed a camera and holding it by the flash.  There are many ways to hold a camera incorrectly that would make it clear you've hardly ever used a camera before.  Holding it by the flash is not something I would see anyone doing.  This almost sounds like an inside gag.

Surely someone on the sets of these movies could show them how to hold a camera?

Maybe you should apply.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow