Precision Camera Repair

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EvilOne
EvilOne Forum Pro • Posts: 14,485
Precision Camera Repair

Just a heads up for those with Camera or lens problems. I've used Precision camera repair in Enfield Connecticut several times for repairs to my gear, over the last 14 years.

Recently my Sony A77 went down for multiple problems after sitting for almost a year while I was recovering for some very serious health issues. Mother board, shutter, mirror, ribbon band. LCD was displaying multi color banding and would only take one photo and stop. Would not write to the memory card. It was successfully repaired in a very timely manner. As were all of my experiences with Precision Camera.

Last week while scrolling through some deep menu options and functions, I came across the in camera bubble level, which I rarely  use. I noticed that it was off by about 10 degrees. ( I never mentioned it in my list of problems when I originally sent it in.  ) the level was working but was off. I'm not sure if they should have caught it, but it was there, unknown to me, originally. I was just happy that they were able to fix my camera.

Anyway, I contacted Kaitlyn Axton, the Program Manager for Precision. She apologized and immediately sent me a call tag ( the same day ) Last Monday 12/4/2017. I packed up the camera and put it in the post  Tuesday morning 12/5/2017. Precision received the camera on Thursday 12/7/2017, repaired it the same day, and put it in the mail. I received it this morning Saturday 12/9/2017 at 11 am. Camera is now perfect. All I can say is a 4 day turn around with a sincere apology is about as good as it gets.  How a company handles problems, when there are problems, is a measure I use to evaluate their service. I would not hesitate to send them a lens or camera, nor would I hesitate to recommend their service.

Bill aka EO

EvilOne's gear list:EvilOne's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7Hi Nikon Coolpix 990 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 +5 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow