Is there any tool that can help me to find a DSLR equivalent to Sony Alpha 6000?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MiniMeDP Junior Member • Posts: 33
Is there any tool that can help me to find a DSLR equivalent to Sony Alpha 6000?

This is a second step of my search after I adjusted my perception and my expectations. As previously posted I need a sporty, compact camera that can take a 18-250 Tamron or Sigma lens.

The camera must be the size of the Sony Alpha 6000, I need viewfinder, I do not want a mirror less camera as my understanding is that for the same lens with zoom is less than for the DSLR. Live view or touch screen are not important.

I had to give up on the Alpha 6000 since the lens that I want need an adapter and since the IS is missing for the models that would work with this camera + problems with AF if you use the adapter. Too many compromises just to get the size and the stylish look of that camera

I set my eyes on one of these two lenses

Tamron18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD: http://www.tamron.ca/product/18-270mm-f3-5-6-3-di-ii-vc-pzd/

SIGMA 18-250MM F3.5-6.3 DC for A6000:

http://www.sigmacanada.ca/product/sigma-18-250mm-f3-5-6-3-dc-macro-hsm-lens--af1825mhas/

I have looked at Canon M3/10/100 but the newer it gets the smaller it is and no view finder... the camera looks ugly with the lens attached

There is a Tamron 18-200 with IS and E mount that would be native to Sony BUT I am afraid that the magnification is not the same as for a DSLR with an 18-250mm

I would compromise on that if someone can tell me if I can compensate a lower optical zoom with an digital zoom that can be obtained by playing with the 24M pixel which I could be OK to trim down to the equivalent at 10M . In other words I am trying to say that 10M resolution used to be a OK for me when I used a 18-250mm Tamron with my old Canon Rebel XTI

Is there any tool that can help me to narrow down this search ?

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow