Not ready to ditch the Panasonic 100-400

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Isabel Cutler
Isabel Cutler Forum Pro • Posts: 17,424
Not ready to ditch the Panasonic 100-400

With the arrival of a significant snowstorm I was delirious with joy because birds shot in snow are extra special.

About a month ago I got a Sony RX10 iv, which I love for its "all in one-ness" and lighter weight for long zoom shots.

Today, we had so many birds at our feeders that I just couldn't keep up with them, and the long wait for the Sony lens to zoom out (powered only) was frustrating, along with the fact that when I turned off the camera, it returned to its widest angle.

Put the Panasonic 100-400 on my EM10 ii and shot away, a bit frustrated by its stubbornness at grabbing focus, possibly somewhat related to my nose changing focus points, but it was nice to put it down and not the the lens retract to wide angle!

The original was a jpg image because I had forgotten to return to my default raw+jpg setup after shooting in-camera hdrs.

Isabel

Isabel Cutler's gear list:Isabel Cutler's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Canon EOS 7D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +1 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow