Lightroom Classic CC messes up Panasonic Colors

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
jcmaxwell New Member • Posts: 10
Lightroom Classic CC messes up Panasonic Colors

Recently I changed from a Canon 5D3 to a Panasonic G85. I am satisfied with the Panasonic color rendering as per the camera display, but I was shocked when I reviewed converted RAWs in Lightroom Classic CC. Most notably all the reds turned into pink and there's an orange cast all over the picture. My first thought was that I need to sell that nice little camera again...

Then I turned to the Camera Calibration tab in Lightroom and changed the profile from "Adobe Standard" to "Camera Standard" which improved the colors tremendously. It's quite close to the colors seen on the camera display. This is still not perfect, but certainly something I can work with.

This raises some questions:

Why does the "Adobe Standard" profile mess up the colors so much? What has Adobe in mind with creating such a profile and how do they do it?

Can I use the Camera Calibration tab to improve color rendering by using a color-neutral grey card or an inexpensive color target? And how would I do that? (I don't want to shell out a heap of money for the X-Rite color checker just to use it once in five years.)

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow