Will RX10-IV work for me or should I consider a different Sony camera?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Firelight New Member • Posts: 24
Will RX10-IV work for me or should I consider a different Sony camera?

I plan on using this camera for shooting video for DVD production. 1080p is fine for me although I do like the idea of 4K for future use. What I MUST have is 120 fps for slow motion.

Also, I plan to use this camera for indoor stills of products I sell. I need as close to pro as I can get within my budget. Therefore I need a combo multi-use type of camera as I can't budget two different cameras.

I am also looking at the Sony Alpha 6500. I was also set to buy this camera before I started looking at lenses and cost. IF I do buy it, I would only be using the 18-105 lens and not taking it off. So I do not need an interchangeable lens camera.

The biggest advantage I can see of the Alpha 6500 is the longer 4k recording time and larger sensor. The biggest advantage I can see of the RX10 is newer tech and that amazing do-all lens.

I also looked at Panasonic GH5. It seems ideal for my use but is over my budget.

What advice can anyone give who has compared these cameras?

Will the RX10 or the 6500 be better for my application?

Price wise not that much difference. I have gone back and forth and put each of these in my cart and then backed off for indecision and not really understanding these camera. I am not a photo newbie but am a newbie to this new tech.

Panasonic GH5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow