Another 5DsR vs 5D MK IV question

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jamie87 Forum Member • Posts: 62
Another 5DsR vs 5D MK IV question

So I got a little excited and thought I'd try out the new Sony A7R III and that camera was amazing...except for the ergonomics (the grip just did not feel right to me). I've now got the bug to upgrade from my 5D MK III.

The problem is, I feel that the features of the Sony camera are spread over two Canon bodies - the 5DsR being the high mega pixel part, and the 5D Mk IV being all the other bells and whistles (high iso performance, wifi etc). So I'm left trying to prioritise whats going to work better for me.

I mainly shoot fashion and portraiture. With a mix of studio and environmental stuff (I live in Scotland, so for half of the year I'm stuck indoors).

I dont need fast frame rate, but I do really like higher resolution. I'm just wondering if the trade off of poorer ISO performance and slightly slower auto focus is worth it.

What are your thoughts?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 5DS R Sony Alpha a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow