Nikon d500 battery drain

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bowser2 Forum Member • Posts: 87
Nikon d500 battery drain

Hello everyone

i know that last time I posted about this deep sighs were heard from some members, but this problem isn't going away.

I have had my d500 since August. The most shots I have got out of a battery is 250. It is in Airplane Mode, Touch controls off. Single rather than continuous release. Now with a 15a battery, did the same with the original 15 battery.

So, charged to 'full' but camera reads 94%. Checking each morning, and with only 5 shots taken battery has dropped to 81%. So something is draining it even when it is turned off, no wifi...., in airplane mode etc etc.

Can anyone suggest what is going on? Have I missed something that I need to turn off to conserve battery power? I realise that the moment it takes to turn it on and check the battery level wil take power but really not that much.

I am really concerned about this. Broke the bank to buy it - used Nikons for years and have never had a problem before.

So please don't sigh but give me some help? It will have to go to Nikon in the New Year if this can't be solved.

Thanks so much in advance.

Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MK
MK
MK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow