Mirrorless vs DSLR - Why I switched to a Nikon D500

Started Nov 25, 2017 | User reviews thread
OP Lobbamobba Contributing Member • Posts: 514
Re: Mirrorless vs DSLR - Why I switched to a Nikon D500

SarahTerra wrote:

I prefer a DSLR period, but shooting video on a Nikon and claiming it is "good" is an extreme reach and kind of outs you as a fanboy/girl or PR shill. There are far, far more "pros" who use a crappy iphone than a nikon body for video work.
The fact remains that going nikon for video simply shoots you in the foot right off the bat due to lens mount distance. and you sacrifice a ton of compatibility with quality manual focus lenses, whereas going sony etc. you can use any nikon lens made with a simple adapter.
Also the D500 is not some end all be all perfect camera, it has serious limitations in connectivity, flash control, battery life and contrary to popular belief.... autofocus.

Nonetheless i still feel despite it's limitations it is the best overall DSLR for sport and wildlife on the market when size, cost, weight and performance are all considered.

This post was too long for me to read. I only read the first lines where you made up lies about me and where very insulting.

I also saw you make up some lies about what professional video and TV producers like me use and don't use.

Its pretty clear to me by just those thre-four lines that you know almost nothing about the subject and that any further debate is useless.

And as you might have guessed, I wont return to read any smart reply you might have copied of the internet to pass on as your own.

So feel free to get the last word.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow