Advantage of the Alpha 6500 over the RX10-IV ?

Started Dec 11, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Firelight Junior Member • Posts: 27
Advantage of the Alpha 6500 over the RX10-IV ?

6500 has a larger sensor. But the RX10 has new tech and what a lens! VIdeo is longer for 4k on 6500.

My application is indoor product shots and outdoor video production. I can only budget one camera. I was initially going to get the 6500 then got sidetracked looking at the RX10-IV.

Then I decided to look at the Panasonic GH5. This really looks like the camera I need, but is several hundred over my budget. The 6500 will do a lot of what the GH5 will do. Except for articulating screen.

If I go for the 6500 it will be with the 18-105 lens and I probably will not change it or buy other lens, so the changeable aspect does not appeal to me.

Is there anything I am overlooking in thinking the 6500 is better for my application or does my desire to not mess with different lens make the RX10 a better solution, except for 4k video length of recording?

1080P is fine for my application but I DO need the slow motion aspect of 120 fps which I understand either camera will do.

I am out of my depth with the newer camera tech although I used to be an amateur photo enthusiast. Any advice appreciated.

Panasonic GH5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow