Those wonderful rich colours in photos?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Brisn5757 Senior Member • Posts: 2,976
Re: Those wonderful rich colours in photos?

JayDelvenne wrote:

Brisn5757 wrote:

I've seen some great photos on the internet such as rich strong colours in church interiors or garden scenery and was wondering if most of it is the result of post production, if not then is it one factor such as good lens or maybe a good sensor.

I've tried to bring out rich colours in some of my photos in post-production but often when enhancing the photo starts to look surreal; so I'm thinking if something is missing in the first place its difficult to create in post production.

Comments are welcome thanks.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I've been looking for new ways to boost colors in my photographs as well. I found that shooting in RAW format is step one. That way I have those different levels to work with. I then bring the photo into Adobe Lightroom and adjust some contrast, fix exposure, clarity... etc... After the basics are taken care of, I bring the image into photoshop and play around with different techniques.

One of the things I like to use to get a real boost is the HDR toning, you can find it in the upper menu under IMAGES-> ADJUSTMENTS->HDR TONING. I play around with some of the sliders and the curve and have gotten some really nice results without the image looking over the top.

-- hide signature --

Regards,

Jay Delvenne

Thanks Jay.

I'll try the HDR Toning you suggested.

Brian

Brisn5757's gear list:Brisn5757's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX70 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 300D +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow