Those wonderful rich colours in photos?

Started Dec 7, 2017 | Discussions thread
Dutch Newchurch
Dutch Newchurch Senior Member • Posts: 5,367
Re: Those wonderful rich colours in photos?

Brisn5757 wrote:

Brisn5757 wrote:

I've seen some great photos on the internet such as rich strong colours in church interiors or garden scenery and was wondering if most of it is the result of post production, if not then is it one factor such as good lens or maybe a good sensor.

I've tried to bring out rich colours in some of my photos in post-production but often when enhancing the photo starts to look surreal; so I'm thinking if something is missing in the first place its difficult to create in post production.

Comments are welcome thanks.

Brian

One more example

Public gardens

This is not exactly what I saw but I think I might have had the light against me. I don't think there is any way of enhancing this photo.

Brian

Brian, do you use a polarising filter? I think that might have helped here.

Again, I think the problem is the sunshine! The grass is catching the light well, but the shrub is reflecting it off its leaves. We are naturally drawn to look at the brightest objects in a photo (like the white shirt). I often try to compose the sky out of my photos for that reason.

It's less fun visiting a garden when it's a grey day, but the colours are naturally more intense in soft light. For example, this shot would be much less effective if it had been sunny:

Longstock Park Water Gardens

-- hide signature --

Dutch
forestmoonstudio.co.uk
Photography is about light, not light-proof boxes.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow