Those wonderful rich colours in photos?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
beatboxa Senior Member • Posts: 4,102
Re: Those wonderful rich colours in photos?

Brisn5757 wrote:

Brisn5757 wrote:

I've seen some great photos on the internet such as rich strong colours in church interiors or garden scenery and was wondering if most of it is the result of post production, if not then is it one factor such as good lens or maybe a good sensor.

I've tried to bring out rich colours in some of my photos in post-production but often when enhancing the photo starts to look surreal; so I'm thinking if something is missing in the first place its difficult to create in post production.

Comments are welcome thanks.

Brian

I had some requests to show photos that I have had problems with

I tried to recreate what I saw with the camera but failed. I saw beauty in the reflection of the tree in the lake. Trying from a different point of view reduced the red refection on the lake.

These photos are straight from the camera. I tried to enhance the photo but then it became too surreal.

Brian

Thanks. Can you also post your attempts to enhance the photo? This will help pinpoint what you may be doing wrong, and what you mean by "too surreal."

Here's a quick edit in Nik Color Efex Pro. A bit overdone but wanted to show you some potential of the software.

This foliage reminded me of a recent shot I took in the park, which I was using to create new in-camera presets for myself (taken with a Nikon D750):

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow