Pentax K-1 and Lenses

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BhavanaStudio New Member • Posts: 7
Pentax K-1 and Lenses

All these years I have been hesitant to buy a serious (high-end) camera. I have used Canon APS-C cameras mostly for family photographs and occasional events (with friends etc). Now I am thinking of buying a full-frame camera and Pentax K-1 is one of the options that I am considering.

Since buying a camera like K-1 with one or two nice lenses means investing into a system. My question is on the future of Pentax on the short to medium term (in the next 1 to 4 years). I know that this is a Pentax forum and most of the users will defend/support Pentax and I appreciate that. However, with these rapid changes in mirrorless, new lenses from other manufacturers, do you think Pentax can survive? I am thinking of making $3500 - $4000 and an uncertain future is something that I am worried about.

I know that none of us have a crystal ball to predict the future, but I am just asking your sincere opinion. I have seen cases like Samsung came and gone from the market (my friend has a Samsung camera) and Pentax is still surviving.

-Bhavana

Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow