Bald Eagles

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
OP AlwynS Senior Member • Posts: 1,520
Re: Every one is spectacular....

Isabel Cutler wrote:

and I have great admiration for your guys who go out in the wilds to find these beautiful subjects.

For a while I was a member of a local nature photographers group and getting up at 4am to go and freeze in the Outer Banks to photograph the sunrise wasn't my cup of tea.

I am too much of a princess to suffer weather extremes (or what a princess would call an "extreme".

Much of my bird photography will continue to be through my windows. I think I have to put out a seed mix to attract the flying squirrels I had a few years ago - obviously, they don't like black oil sunflower seed. They might like the homemade suet, but I take that in at night so the raccoons don't inhale it.

Isabel

Thank you Isabel: you are most kind.

As regards getting out "in the wild": yesterday, while cold, was still lovely to be outside. This morning however was grey and foggy: I think I would have been better off staying at home! And if you can get interesting subjects through your window and you have all the enjoyment from that then that is a Good Thing (as Martha would have said...). Never mind a good thing: I think that is a wonderful blessing.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Alwyn

AlwynS's gear list:AlwynS's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P610 Sony RX10 IV
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow