Nikon D610 with YN685+YN622-TX help

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
javiair Regular Member • Posts: 435
Nikon D610 with YN685+YN622-TX help

Forgive me for asking if this is not the correct forum. I couldnt find a flash section, just studio lighting but this is more about help over studio lighting..

I have a D610 and have the Yongnuo Speedlight YN685 for Nikon and I have the Yongnuo YN622N-TX transmitter.

I am having a problem getting the two to sync up with one another. I can get the flash to flash, but it is not syncing with the camera. Here are the settings.

YN622N-TX. Group A-TTL  Channel 1. Zoom set to 'AU. I disabled group B and C. Also the AF-ILL is engaged.

On the YN685 Speedlight. Set at Group A and Channel 1

I have options of

"Radio off" "622Ext.LCD" "622R.Slave" "622M.Slave"

**Radio off** the flash does not fire. No link.

**622 Ext.LCD**  No link indicated regardless of Mode. Flash will not fire.

**622R.Slave** I do have a Link, the flash does fire, here is my problem.

In I-TTL mode even tho the flash does fire, it has zero effect on the photo. Even if I have +3 or -3, the picture will turn out the same. (dark) Its like the flash and the camera are not in sync.

In Manual mode the flash only fires at 1/1 power and have no control over the output. even adjusting thru the transmitter it has no effect. The pictures have too much flash, (too bright) The only thing I can do is adjust shutter/aperture/ISO to get the picture to look good.

**622M.Slave** I do have a link. And the flash does fire, there is no control over output.

I have M and Multi mode and regardless of mode or power settings from either Transmitter or Flash, the output on the flash is 1/1. I have no control over flash output.  At 1/200 shutter speed the picture are bright.

What in the heck am I doing wrong? Is seems like the camera and flash are just not in sync. When I look at the pictures that the flash does fire, the historgram indicates flash did fire and in CMD mode. In my camera I have TTL. Even if I do change to CMD mode it has no effect on pictures.

I have no hair left..and I needed a haircut this morning.

javiair's gear list:javiair's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D610 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow